Staff Fast Facts: Aliza Abrams Konig ’05S, ’09W

AAAliza Abrams Konig is the Director of the Office of Student Life and Jewish Service Learning at Yeshiva University. A Stern and Wurzweiler alumna, she was a student leader, volunteering as Vice President and later President of the Torah Activities Council. Aliza's YU career began as a Presidential Fellow at the CJF, where she fell in love with Jewish communal work, and working at YU. Working her way up through various roles, from program coordinator to Assistant Director of Service Learning, Aliza celebrated her 10 year anniversary at Yeshiva University this past summer.

1. What is your favorite aspect of your job at YU? 

The students. I truly feel like I’m contributing to klal Yisroel and helping to cultivate leadership through the programming we run. By developing the service learning curriculum for Yeshiva University, we are shaping the way our community is involved in tikkun olam.

2. What are the goals of the Office of Student Life and Jewish Service Learning? The Office of Student Life ensures a vibrant campus experience guided by Torah U’maddah values. We encourage student involvement, empower them to use their creativity and actualize their ideas and programs. We advocate and intervene on behalf of students and administrators in order to enhance campus life. We prepare our student body to be successful, active and engaged members of the Jewish community. 3. What are some of your proudest accomplishments in your current role?  My top service initiatives would be leading the first ever disaster relief mission to Haiti and mobilizing the Houston Relief Flood Efforts within 24 hours after the flooding back in May 2015. I am also very proud of the success of my work with the Aaron and Blanche Schreiber Torah Tours. 4. What would your colleagues be surprised to learn about you I’m very active on social media but am petrified of writing a blog. People always encourage me to start one but I am nervous to put my thoughts down on "paper." 5. What do you do in your spare time? As a side gig, my husband and I work in partnership with The Beis, Mount Sinai and YU Connects as "Dating Coach and Community Matchmaker."