Staff Fast Facts: Hannah Loventhal, Development Associate

HL HeadshotHannah Loventhal joined the Office of Annual Giving in July 2017 as the Development Associate. In this new role, Hannah will focus her efforts on student engagement and young alumni giving. She interned at Dror for the Wounded Foundation and JWRP Walk2Israel and graduated from Stern  College for Women in January, 2017.

1. What profession did you think you would hold when you were a YU undergrad and deciding on a major?
When I first started at YU, I wanted to work in marketing, so I started off at the Sy Syms School of Business. After my first semester, I switched to Stern College for Women, where I majored in English and Media Studies, with a focus in Public Relations. Throughout my time as an undergraduate, my coursework and internships helped me decide that I wanted to work in the non-profit world.

2. What aspect of your job at YU are you most looking forward to?
I am looking forward to working with my team to create opportunities and plan events that will engage current students and recent alumni. Having the opportunity to help strengthen the YU network and community is something I am really passionate about. I am looking forward to actively contributing towards the fundraising efforts of Yeshiva University, which provided me with the educational and professional skills necessary for success in my position. I had a great experience at Stern College, and cannot wait to give back to the university.

3. What would your colleagues be surprised to learn about you?
I am a certified scuba diver.

4.  How will you try to maintain relationships with YU alumni?
I plan on building and maintaining relationships with YU alumni by actively engaging with recent grads at events and by following up with one-on-one meetings.  I hope to learn how they feel about their YU experience and help them understand that giving back to YU will be a fulfilling experience. I also plan on reaching out to current students to get them engaged and thinking about the awesome responsibility and opportunity of giving back to YU even before they graduate.  Using my media studies skills gained while a student at YU, I also hope to build up the social media presence of the Office of Institutional Advancement.

5. What are some of your goals for your role?
My first main goal is to increase undergraduate student engagement with YU causes. Second, I hope to expand the work of Institutional Advancement, from expanding the YU phone-athon, to revamping the senior class gift initiative, and increasing our online presence.

Save