YU News

YU News

MTA Students Participate in "I Am YU" Fundraiser

2c7990c6-2b18-4fdb-be80-28ca73626f8f by Daniel Rivlin ('17) This past Tuesday, I joined a group of my classmates in helping with the Yeshiva University campaign "#IamYU". The goal of the campaign, which kicked off with an incredible video narrated by Tony, Grammy, Emmy award winning writer and actor - and honorary YU degree recipient - Lin Manuel Miranda, was to raise 5 Million dollars for Yeshiva University by calling alumni and YU families to help support the campaign. The experience I had at the event by connecting with generous donors was incredible. The achdus at the event was truly inspiring, as I not only got to see the dedication of the students and faculty of YU, but also the dedication of the YU alumni and family who said that their reason for giving was "for the Jewish future" or because "YU has impacted my life so much, it's an honor to give back." It was also amazing because I met so many Jews from around the world and upon mentioning to them that I am from MTA, many of them laughed because at one point in their lives they were MTA students. Comparing our high school experiences from then and now was just extraordinary. With that, I want to end off by saying YU is more than just a university; it's a family. It's a place that brings people together from all over the world and that is what makes it such a unique institution. And best of all, the campaign was an incredible success, overachieving the goal by 20%! In total, the campaign raised $6,010,870 from 2,703 donors. #IamYU To read more about the campaign, please click here.