YU Home
News and Views RSS

Rhoda Levine, Benefactor

Levine, a lifelong New Yorker and a Manhattan resident for the past forty years, lives near Stern’s Beren Campus in Midtown. She attended a lecture there a few years ago, and found herself extremely impressed with the level of learning and the quality of the women present on campus. She also greatly admires YU President Richard M. Joel and Karen Bacon, the Dr. Monique C. Katz Dean of SCW, both of whom she has met with.

In 2007, Levine created the Rhoda and David Levine Scholarship at Stern with a gift of $160,000. The fund paid for two students’ full tuitions for their education at Stern.

In 2011, in a continuation of her generosity, Levine established the Rhoda M. Levine Endowed Scholarship Fund at Stern with a pledge of $1 million.

“I am a strong proponent for Judaism, and I know it faces many challenges in today’s times,” says Levine. “Stern can equip future generations of Jewish women with the tools to make Jewish life stronger, and I am a proud supporter of that.”

Meirah Freiden ’12S is a recipient of Rhoda’s scholarship. A biology major, Meirah plans to attend graduate school to obtain a doctorate in physical therapy. “I am extremely grateful to Rhoda Levine for her generosity, which provides scholarships to students like myself at Stern College,” says Meirah. “I have gained so much from my few years here at Stern in both academics and social enrichment, and I could not have imagined receiving such a stimulating and broad education elsewhere.”