YU Home
News and Views RSS

Sarah King '14S: Commends Donors Looking Beyond Their Own Generation

The main reason Sarah King ’14S desired to attend Stern College for Women was “because it was the best of both worlds,” she explains. “The fact that I can get a quality education comparable to any top-tier school while still maintaining a religious lifestyle is extremely valuable to me.”

King, a scholarship recipient, is a graphic design and music double major, and plans to pursue an advanced degree in International Law. “I’ve already been afforded many opportunities to explore the field,” says King. “Last year, I visited our nation’s capital with YU’s Political Affairs Committee and met personally with Senator Todd Akin to lobby on behalf of Israel.” King also counts her experience playing in the Chamber Ensemble as a highlight of her college experience thus far.

“If it were not for the generosity of scholarship donors, I would not have the opportunity to attend Stern. As one of three sisters, the oldest of which just graduated from Stern, scholarships take financial burden off of myself and my parents and mean that once I graduate, I will not be drowning in student loans. If I could speak directly to my donor, besides thanking them for their generosity, I would commend them on their foresight to look beyond their own generation and ensure the continuation of Stern’s legacy as a top-tier school where no one is turned away due to inability to pay,” says King.