Presidential Fellowship in University and Community Leadership 2012-2013 Applications Now Open to Qualified Seniors
Yeshiva University’s Presidential Fellowship in University and Community Leadership provides a unique opportunity for graduates of Stern College for Women, Syms School of Business, and Yeshiva College. Qualifying graduates of the class of 2012 will be selected to spend eleven months (August 2012 – June 2013) as Presidential Fellows. They will be challenged to involve themselves in and affect many aspects of campus life while engaged in an in-depth learning experience.
Fellows are selected from a competitive applicant pool and assigned to a University office where they are mentored by a University administrator. Through work in their offices, Fellows are involved in many facets of University operations and are responsible for special projects. In addition, all Fellows participate in a year-long graduate seminar in leadership, where they interact with University administrators and faculty in addition to academic and communal leaders invited to campus. Fellows receive a stipend of $24,000 for the year.
Fellowship placements are available in the following departments for 2012-13:
- Office of the President
- Office of the Provost
- Office of Institutional Advancement
- Office of the General Counsel
- Office of Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Admissions
- Office of Athletics and Physical Education
- Office of Grant Support, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Office of Institutional Research
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Student Life
- Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration
- Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary
- Stern College for Women, Office of the Dean
- Syms School of Business, Office of the Dean
- Yeshiva College, Office of the Dean
- Center for the Jewish Future: Office of the Dean
- Center for the Jewish Future: Jewish Service Learning and Experiential Jewish Education
- Center for the Jewish Future: Department of Community Partnerships
- Institute for University-School Partnership
- Yeshiva University Museum
- Yeshiva University High School for Boys
- Yeshiva University High School for Girls
In addition to adding energy, creativity and inspiration to Yeshiva University, Fellows will gain skills and perspectives that will enable their success in whatever graduate or professional enterprise they choose to pursue. Students should consider the Fellowship regardless of their career objectives if they value service to the Jewish community and exposure to university administration.
An online application form and instructions are available here. Applications and all supporting documents must be received by January 31, 2012.