by Kovi Pahmer (’20)
On Monday night, the MTA Lions soccer team travelled to Riverdale to face their rivals, the SAR Sting, in a battle that may end up being the deciding factor in the division race. As expected, the game started out tick for tack as Hudy Weiss (’19) and Ariel Feuerstein (’17) matched each one of SAR’s first 8 goals. After an amazing save by MTA goalie Sam Weisman (’18) who played superb the entire game, the Lions were up 10-8 with a goal a piece by starting defenders Daniel Libesman (’18) and Marc Gihan (’17). The Lions maintained their lead and went into the 4th quarter up 14-11. The Lions extended their lead and ended up mercying SAR for the first time ever by a score of 21-14, as Libesman scored the 21st goal to extend the lead to 7, ending the game. This is the first time in history that MTA has swept the season series against SAR, which is quite an accomplishment. The leading scorers were Libesman with 8, Weiss with 7, and Feurstein with 5. The 6-0 Lions will look to finish off the season strong as they face Heschel and Ezra in the final two game.
- Rabbi Schenker Educates Teachers At Inaugural YHShare Conference
- Sports Management Club Meets Former NBA Player Chris Smith
- MTA Celebrates Commencement Of 100th Graduating Class
- MTA Talmidim Named Bronka Weintraub High School Bekius Program Grand Prize Winners
- Debate And Mock Trial Teams Celebrate Successful Year At Annual Dinner