by Kovi Pahmer (’20)
On Monday night, the MTA Lions soccer team travelled to Riverdale to face their rivals, the SAR Sting, in a battle that may end up being the deciding factor in the division race. As expected, the game started out tick for tack as Hudy Weiss (’19) and Ariel Feuerstein (’17) matched each one of SAR’s first 8 goals. After an amazing save by MTA goalie Sam Weisman (’18) who played superb the entire game, the Lions were up 10-8 with a goal a piece by starting defenders Daniel Libesman (’18) and Marc Gihan (’17). The Lions maintained their lead and went into the 4th quarter up 14-11. The Lions extended their lead and ended up mercying SAR for the first time ever by a score of 21-14, as Libesman scored the 21st goal to extend the lead to 7, ending the game. This is the first time in history that MTA has swept the season series against SAR, which is quite an accomplishment. The leading scorers were Libesman with 8, Weiss with 7, and Feurstein with 5. The 6-0 Lions will look to finish off the season strong as they face Heschel and Ezra in the final two game.
- MTA Sophomores Experience Another Incredible Week In Israel
- More Than 500 Guests Join Yeshiva University High Schools’ Journey At Annual Dinner Of Tribute
- MTA JV Basketball Lions Win 65-58 Over Frisch Cougars
- MTA Teachers Help Students Prepare For Finals At Study Night
- MTA Varsity Basketball Lions Show Strong Effort Against Top-Seeded Frisch Cougars