Professor Jessica Roth Authors Op-ed on the Elizabeth Holmes Trial on CNN.com
Professor Pamela Foohey Discusses “The No Bonuses in Bankruptcy Act” in Bloomberg Law
Professor Myriam Gilles Is a Guest on Center for Litigation and Courts’ Podcast About Mass Torts (listen at 14:22)
Professor Anthony Sebok Named Joseph and Sadie Danciger Chair in Law
Faculty Scholarship & News
- Professor Kyron Huigens’ article, “Entitlement to Punishment,” will appear in Drake Law Review.
- Professor Barbara Kolsun, Director of The FAME Center, will chair the Luxury Law Summit on November 10, a virtual event.
- Professor Kathryn Miller was on a panel entitled “Criminal Legal Context: Administrative Challenges to Achieving Decarceral Imperatives” on October 29 as part of the Administrative Law Review’s Fall Symposium.
- Professor Alex Reinert presented “Qualified Immunity: Correcting Pierson’s Missteps” at the Criminal Justice Workshop sponsored by the American Bar Association and the Academy for Justice on November 5.
- Professor Gabor Rona moderated a panel on gaps in accountability for war crimes under U.S. law, policy, and practice at the American Branch of the International Law Association’s annual International Law Weekend Conference on October 30.
- Professor Michel Rosenfeld will speak on November 12 on “Deconstructing Constitutional Identity in Light of the Turn to Populism” at a virtual conference co-organized by The University of Texas Law School and Reichman University.
- Professor Anthony Sebok spoke to Law360 about a form of litigation funding that merges crowdfunding with blockchain technology. His book Comparative Tort Law, Global Perspectives, co-authored by Mauro Bussani, was reviewed on the British Association of Comparative Law blog.
- Professor Stewart Sterk will present a webinar on November 9, on the Uniform Relocation of Easements Act as part of the ABA Real Property Section Professor’s Corner series.
The COVID-19 Pandemic, Diversity and Inclusion, and the Practice of Law presented by the Jacob Burns Center for Ethics in the Practice of Law
Monday, November 8 at 4:30 p.m.
Getting Started in Tech Law: How to Build Your Career presented by Women in Tech Law (WiTL), FAME and the Office of Career Services
Monday, November 8 at 6 p.m.
Attica: Screening and Conversation sponsored by the Criminal Defense Clinic
Tuesday, November 9 at 6 p.m.
Supporting Mental and Public Health Prevention Work in Atrocity Settings presented by CLIHHR
Wednesday, November 10 at 12 p.m.
“Dupe Influencers” and Fraudulent Advertising: Trademark Infringement on Social Media presented by Cardozo Intellectual Property Law Society
Thursday, November 11 at 4:30 p.m.
2021 Lemkin Award Ceremony presented by CLIHHR
Thursday, November 11 at 5:30 p.m.
Book Talk with Professor Carissa Byrne Hessick on Punishment Without Trial: Why Plea Bargaining Is a Bad Deal
presented by the Jacob Burns Center for Ethics in the Practice of Law
Thursday, December 2 at 4:30 p.m.