Zysman Hall Commemorates 75th Anniversary

In 1928, the building at 2540 Amsterdam Ave. – then known as the Main Building – opened its doors. The first group of YU buildings erected on 186th Street and Amsterdam Avenue and the original home of Yeshiva College, the structure was designed by Charles B. Meyers Associates in a Byzantine style to reflect the Jewish style of architecture. It has been called one of the great romantic structures of its decade by the American Institute of Architects’ Guide to New York City.