ejeDear Colleagues,

I am writing to you from the Shalom Institute in Malibu, California, where Shuki and I have been for the last week with our EJE cohort. As you may know, the EJE curriculum is centered on four foundations of Experiential Jewish Education, and each seminar is based on one of the four foundations. This week, at our second seminar with this cohort, we have explored with them what actually goes into Creating Experiences; experiences being the central component of EJE.

Throughout the week, we have given the group tools, resources, methodologies, texts, space for creative brainstorming, and a truly immersive setting in incredible nature (mountains, trees, a farm, etc). They have built an eruv, dived deep into Jewish text with our Shabbat scholar, spent time exploring the Museum of Tolerance through the lens of experiential education, and created dynamic, engaging, thoughtful, moving, inspiring, and thought-provoking experiences on the topic of Shmita.

This group is so incredibly talented, passionate, and committed to Judaism, Jewish education and Jewish Peoplehood. I have been moved to tears by their bravery and courage, by their passion and compassion, and by the heart and soul that each one of them pours into their work. They are collectively inspiring and impacting the Jewish identities of thousands of Jews of all ages each year.

I am so blessed to be a staff member and alumna of our Certificate Program and I would like to suggest that as we move towards the end of the week and Shabbat, that each of us take a moment to think back on the Jewish experiences and educators who at some point in our lives, gave us their heart and soul, and helped us to develop into the people and Jews we are today.

I also want to take this opportunity to express our deepest gratitude to Yoni Cohen and Tamar Novick, who worked tirelessly in advance of the seminar to take care of every logistic and detail to make this experience so incredibly smooth and well-run (we miss you, Yoni!).

I looking forward to sharing more with you about our seminar when I am back in the office next week.

Until then–b’vracha,

Gaby

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!

Visit our friends!

A few highly recommended friends...